Generating leads - both high in quantity and quality - is a marketers most important objective. A...
Generating leads - both high in quantity and quality - is a marketers most important objective. A successful lead generation engine is what keeps the funnel full of sales prospects. Surprisingly, only 1 in 10 marketers feel their lead generation campaigns are effective. So what does it take?
4 crucial elements needed for B2B lead generation:
- Content Offers
- Call-To-Action (CTA)
- Landing Page
The best B2B lead generation campaigns contain all of these components. From a tactical perspective, a marketer needs four crucial elements to make inbound lead generation happen. These include:
1. Educational Content offers
Offers that move them from the awareness stage, to the consideration stage, and to the decision stage. Below are the top performing offers, that generate the most leads:
- Ebooks or Guides
- Templates or Presentations
- Webinars or Videos
2. Call-To-Action (CTA) button or image
Place your CTA where the eye can see - above the fold. Example CTAs might be
- Download a free ebook
- Try it free for 30 days
- Free template
- Request a free marketing evaluation
3. Landing Page to present the offer
Link your call-to-action to a dedicated landing page, DO NOT link your CTA to your homepage!
- Include a headline and sub-headline
- Brief description of the offer
- At least one supporting image
- And most importantly, a form to capture leads
4. Form to capture leads
How much or how little information should you ask for on a form? There is no magic number. Keep this in mind.
- Fewer fields will get more leads
- More fields will get less leads, but may be better quality
- You can have more fields without making them all required fields
Generating leads online has the power to transform your marketing. Using the inbound marketing methodology; great offers, calls-to-action, landing pages and forms, while promoting them through social media and email marketing, can reduce your cost-per-lead while delivering higher quality prospects to your sales team.